Created in 2006 by Michael Lieberman as a blog to celebrate the book in all its forms Book Patrol now spans the internet to bring you book news, images and related content from all corners of the globe.
Book Patrol also appears at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
BP in the media:
- Essential Blogs for Writers Part Two: Book Blogs – Andrea Dunlop. March, 2015
- Best Pinterest Boards for Bookish Types – Book Riot. August, 2014
- 18 Booksellers Who Blog – ABE Books – March, 2014
- 15 Fabulous Bookish Pinterest Boards – Book Riot. August, 2013
- 5 Fun and Interesting Websites – INALJ. August, 2013
- Web Crush of the Week – Booklist Online. April, 2013
- 100 Essential Sites for Voracious Readers – Masters of English. February, 2013.
- 100 Places to Connect With Bibliophiles Online – Open Education Database. February, 2013 “to serve and protect literary love around the world, with plenty of art, culture, and other bits keeping readers tantalized.”
More About Michael
I consider myself first and foremost a cheerleader; for books, for literacy and for the freedom of expression.
I founded Wessel & Lieberman Booksellers in Seattle (1993-2014) and for almost 20 years I had the privilege of being a bookseller for my vocation. In 2012 I left the shop to focus my energies on Book Patrol with the hopes that for the next 20 years I can continue to share my love for the bookish within this new digital frontier.
I have served on the boards of the Friends of the Seattle Public Library, The Book Club of Washington and the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America. I am also a member of the National Book Critics Circle and a proud community representative for the Digital Public Library of America.
I was born on May 10th. The day, in 1933, the infamous Nazi bibliocaust took place.
When not reading, thinking, playing with or writing about books I’m hanging out with my wife and two kids.
- In Dialogue with Michael Lieberman – Courageous Creativity. March 2013
- Book Collecting 101 – Publisher’s Weekly, January, 2013 – Wessel & Lieberman noted as one of the premier bookshops in the US
- A Novel Idea – Real Change January, 2013 – Story on the Free Book Incident
- The Rare Book Trade is Alive and Well at Wessel & Lieberman – Seattle Times, October, 2009
- On Independent Bookstores: a Chat with Michael Lieberman, author of The Bookseller Manifesto -Marquand Books October, 2008
New, Used, Rare – Our latest book recommendations and other items from the book universe that strike our fancy