Created in 2006 by Michael Lieberman, Book Patrol is here to promote, protect and preserve book culture. With almost 30 years in the book trade we can also help with any book needs that you may have.
If you are looking to build a collection or need help dispersing a library we can assist. Looking for a gift? We offer expert gift services. And if you are a librarian looking to fill some holes or add something new – we welcome you to consider Book Patrol as a resource.
BP in the media:
From 2006-2015 Book Patrol appeared on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- Essential Blogs for Writers Part Two: Book Blogs – Andrea Dunlop. March, 2015
- Best Pinterest Boards for Bookish Types – Book Riot. August, 2014
- 18 Booksellers Who Blog – ABE Books – March, 2014
- 15 Fabulous Bookish Pinterest Boards – Book Riot. August, 2013
- 5 Fun and Interesting Websites – INALJ. August, 2013
- Web Crush of the Week – Booklist Online. April, 2013
- 100 Essential Sites for Voracious Readers – Masters of English. February, 2013.
- 100 Places to Connect With Bibliophiles Online – Open Education Database. February, 2013 “to serve and protect literary love around the world, with plenty of art, culture, and other bits keeping readers tantalized.”
More About Michael
In 1993 I founded Wessel & Lieberman Booksellers (1993-2014) in Seattle . In 2012 I left the shop to focus my energies on Book Patrol. In 2015 I created Book Haven, an organization that provides free books to non-profits and from 2016-18 I managed the book collections at Folio: The Seattle Athenaeum.
I have served on the boards of the Friends of the Seattle Public Library, The Book Club of Washington and the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America. I have also been a member of the National Book Critics Circle and a proud community representative for the Digital Public Library of America.
I was born on May 10th. The day, in 1933, the infamous Nazi bibliocaust took place.
When not reading, thinking, playing with or writing about books I’m hanging out with my wife and two kids.
- In Dialogue with Michael Lieberman – Courageous Creativity. March 2013
- Book Collecting 101 – Publisher’s Weekly, January, 2013 – Wessel & Lieberman noted as one of the premier bookshops in the US
- A Novel Idea – Real Change January, 2013 – Story on the Free Book Incident
- The Rare Book Trade is Alive and Well at Wessel & Lieberman – Seattle Times, October, 2009
- On Independent Bookstores: a Chat with Michael Lieberman, author of The Bookseller Manifesto -Marquand Books October, 2008