It’s time for the ‘oddest book title of the year’ competition
Another year brings another shortlist of stunning book titles for Bookseller magazine’s annual Diagram Prize for “oddest book title of the year.”
Created in 1978, with Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Nude Mice taking top honors, the Diagram Prize has become a yearly hi-spot providing guaranteed entertainment to us book folks.
This years nominees are:
- Nature’s Nether Regions by Menno Schilthuizen (published by Viking).
- Advanced Pavement Research: Selected, Peer Reviewed Papers from the 3rd International Conference on Concrete Pavements Design, Construction, and Rehabilitation, December 2–3, 2013, Shanghai, China edited by Bo Tian (Trans Tech).
- The Madwoman in the Volvo: My Year of Raging Hormones by Sandra Tsing-Loh (Norton).
- Where do Camels Belong? by Ken Thompson (Profile).
- Divorcing a Real Witch: For Pagans and the People That Used to Love Them by Diana Rajchel (Moon Books).
- The Ugly Wife is Treasured at Home by Melissa Margaret Schneider (Potomac).
- Strangers Have the Best Candy by Margaret Meps Schulte (Choose Art).