Welcome to Book Patrol
We are an independent bookseller offering a quality selection of used and collectible books
We do not believe in the treatment of books as a commodity, we do not list our books at Amazon or their subsidiary AbeBooks
Book Patrol was founded in 2006 by Michael Lieberman. Lieberman founded Wessel & Lieberman Booksellers (1993-2014) in Seattle and from 2016-18 managed the book collection at Folio: The Seattle Athenaeum.
All books offered for sale are guaranteed as described and shipped with care.
Looking to build a collection or need help dispersing a library? We can assist.
Looking for a gift? We offer expert gift services.
photo by Mary Randlett. Michael on the left, Mark Wessel on the right
BP in the media:
From 2006-2015 Book Patrol appeared on the website of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- Essential Blogs for Writers Part Two: Book Blogs – Andrea Dunlop. March, 2015
- Best Pinterest Boards for Bookish Types – Book Riot. August, 2014
- 18 Booksellers Who Blog – ABE Books – March, 2014
- 15 Fabulous Bookish Pinterest Boards – Book Riot. August, 2013
- 5 Fun and Interesting Websites – INALJ. August, 2013
- Web Crush of the Week – Booklist Online. April, 2013
- 100 Essential Sites for Voracious Readers – Masters of English. February, 2013.
- 100 Places to Connect With Bibliophiles Online – Open Education Database. February, 2013 “to serve and protect literary love around the world, with plenty of art, culture, and other bits keeping readers tantalized.”
More About Michael
Michael has served on the boards of the Friends of the Seattle Public Library, The Book Club of Washington and the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America. He has also been a member of the National Book Critics Circle and a proud community representative for the Digital Public Library of America.
He was born on May 10th. The day, in 1933, the infamous Nazi bibliocaust took place.
When not reading, playing with or writing about books Michael is hanging out his my wife and two kids in the Emerald City.
- In Dialogue with Michael Lieberman – Courageous Creativity. March 2013
- Book Collecting 101 – Publisher’s Weekly, January, 2013 – Wessel & Lieberman noted as one of the premier bookshops in the US
- A Novel Idea – Real Change January, 2013 – Story on the Free Book Incident
- The Rare Book Trade is Alive and Well at Wessel & Lieberman – Seattle Times, October, 2009
- On Independent Bookstores: a Chat with Michael Lieberman, author of The Bookseller Manifesto -Marquand Books October, 2008